Friday 2 March 2012

Spriditis dance group memories

I came across the Latvian Dancing website by pure accident yesterday. What a pleasant surprise!

Well, I have some lovely memories of dancing with the group, but I'm much too old to Polka these days !

I really enjoyed my time with you. Thank you for making me feel welcome as a member of Spriditis, even though I am of Lithuanian descent, rather than Latvian.

I particularly remember our trip to De Montford Hall in Leicestershire; we were so nervous about our big audience, but it was such a wonderful experience.




I also remember how enthusistic I was embroidering my blouse; and how proud I was to wear my full costume for the first time. I wish I could remember the name of the lady who helped me to make my costume: she made my head-dress. I remember travelling to her home in Bradford to do this.  I was very grateful to her.



I have quite a few photographs, as you can see the quality is quite poor, but I'm happy to share them with you. Sadly, the picture of the boys is scratched in the middle.


Ann


See Photos Page for details

LtR back: Karen, Oskar, Sylvia, Aivars B, Aina, Maris, Zina.  LtR front: Janis R, Gillian, Helmuts, Monika, Aivars K


Left to Right Back: Aivars K, Peter, Oskar, Helmut, Aivars B, Janis, Reinis.  Front: Janis S
See Photos Page for more details


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment